Inspects, repairs or adjusts windows and doors in the field; diagnoses product issues, determines efficient resolution plans and communicates tools necessary to resolve issue (i.e. labor, parts, tools or time needed to complete)
Principal Duties & Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to:
• Performs and completes service jobs on products in the field
• Problem solves and diagnoses difficult issues in the field
• Replaces glass in windows or doors; Installs items such as window shades, blinds, muntins, screens, etc.
• Provides customers with helpful information on the care, operation and maintenance of their products
• Generates and updates all service-related paperwork and file folders following a service visit so that additional service calls can be scheduled, if necessary, and billing or credit can be completed.
• Conducts any necessary follow up service work or communication to bring resolution and a Very Satisfied Customer Service Rating from all Customers; Serves as a Customer Service Champion at all times
• Performs job site walkthroughs and completes necessary paperwork, identifies items that need attention or correction prior to project finalization
• Collects Customer payment as required
• Identifies and orders parts over the phone or via fax through the CSR
• Loads Service van with all necessary parts and equipment on a weekly basis
• Abides by company Mission Statement, striving to achieve corporate goal of 100% customer satisfaction, while making it easy for customers to do business with the company and promoting market share growth
• May be asked to assist in the training of new Field Service Technicians or employees in other departments
• Maintains assigned Service vehicle
• Performs any other necessary task assigned by the supervisor or company in support of company goals or assistance with customer issues
• Completes service work orders and communicates any ongoing customer or product related issues with CSR's
• Meets company safety requirements by keeping work area neat and clean, following safety precautions and wearing required safety apparel (i.e. shoes, safety glasses, fall protection, etc.), and reporting any safety issues to the manager
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perm each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications, physical demands and work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience: Must have High School Diploma or GED and dependable work history. Prior knowledge of general construction applications and terminology and/or window and door applications or components is required. Prior experience with power tools is required (i.e. table saw, circular or miter saw, pneumatic nail gun, power drill etc.).
Computer Skills: Familiarity with computers preferred. May be expected to develop proficiency in proprietary software (i.e. PDQ, POETS, OMS, etc.) and/ or company email systems (Outlook)
Professional skills: Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth. Must be pro-active, self-motivated, and have a demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion. Attention to details is required. Must be able to develop trust, respect, and confidence of customers, coworker and managers. Must present in a clean and neat physical appearance. Must be able to problem solve and think creatively and positively when faced with obstacles.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform calculations using units of money, time, measurements, etc. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, length, width, height, and depth.
Source it Hawaii